Wave Digital is committed to protecting and maintaining the privacy of all individuals with whom we deal. We are also committed to complying with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles.
Personal Information is information or an opinion about an individual, or from which the identity of a person is reasonably identifiable. This policy explains how we manage the personal information which we collect, hold, use and disclose. It also explains how to contact us if you have any further queries about our management of your personal information. This policy applies to you only to the extent that the collection and handling of your personal information by us is subject to the Privacy Act.
Collection and use of Personal Information
We only collect personal information about you which is reasonably necessary for our functions or activities. The type of personal information which we collect and hold includes your contact details such as your name, company name, phone number and email address. We only collect personal information about you in the manner permitted by the Privacy Act. We may collect your personal information from you in a number of ways including in person, by phone, through our website or by email.
Storing your Personal Information
When holding your personal information, we are required by the Privacy Act to take reasonable steps:
- to ensure that your personal information that we collect, hold, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date;
- to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure; and
- to destroy or permanently de-identify your personal information if we no longer require that information for any purpose that is permitted by the Privacy Act.
Collecting through our websites
Where our websites allow you to make comments or fill out a form we collect your email address and sometimes other contact details. We may use your email address to respond to your feedback. We store this personal information on servers located in Australia.
Analytic, session and cookie tools
The information collected by these tools may include the IP address of the device you are using and information about sites that IP address has come from, the pages accessed on our site and the next site visited. We use the information to maintain, secure and improve our websites and to enhance your experience when using them. In relation to Google Analytics you can opt out of the collection of this information using the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Social Networking Services
We use social networking services such as Twitter, Facebook and YouTube to communicate with the public about our work. When you communicate with us using these services we may collect your personal information, but we only use it to help us to communicate with you and the public. The social networking service will also handle your personal information for its own purposes. These sites have their own privacy policies.
We collect your email and, if you provide it, other contact details when you subscribe to our email lists. We only use this information for the purpose of sending you regular updates on the activities of Wave Digital, and to administer the lists.
Access and Correction
- want to have access to the personal information (if any) that we hold about you;
- want to know more about what sort of information we hold, for what purposes and how we deal with that information;
- believe that personal information that we hold about you is not accurate, complete and up to date; or
- have concerns about your privacy rights,
please contact us.
How to contact us